The power source is God.
The plug is the word.
The word/connector is prayer & worship.
We are the device/benefactor.
- Overwhelming peace and joy come from the Lord.
Bible = inspiring word of God.
Our lives should be built on the word of God. [Matthew 7:24-2 MSG]
- Being devoted to the Lord will change every area of your life.
- When you give your life to Christ storms will come but you won't face them alone.
How do I work the word of God into my life?
1. I must accept it's authority.
- The word of God working in your life always depends on your attitude about it.
- You may not understand everything in the Bible & that's okay.
- When we decide to trust the Bible we start on a journey to growth.
- Culture changes but God doesn't.
- Working the Bible into our lives can't be something we do religiously.
It's important to receive the word even if we don't understand it.
[1 Thessalonians 2:13]
- When we accept God we begin to receive it differently and we begin to move differently.
2. I must assimilate its truths.
- I have to work the word of God into every day of my life.
- The word of God works if we follow it's pattern.
How do we assimilate God's word into our lives?
1. By listening to God's word.
- Prioritize how often you listen to the word of God.
- Hearing God's word needs to be the priority to every believer.
2. By reading God's word.
- Read God's word like a meal.
- The word is the Bread of Life.
How do you make the word work in your life?
1. Get a paper Bible.
- You don't obtain as much with digital reading.
2. Set aside time to read God's word.
3. Have a plan.
- This can be the best year of your life if it's your best year spiritually.
4. Don't just read the Bible, let the Bible read you.
- Don't try to absorb everything you read.
- it's about quality, not quantity.
How do we assimilate God's word? (cont.)
3. By exploring it. [Psalms 119]
- When you get the word of God in your heart sin leaves.
4. Apply its principles. [James 1:22] NIV
- Find a scripture for every situation.